New York Jets Playoff Chances June 2023: Tracking the Jets Playoff Picture

Fact Checked by Shannon Lane
Sauce Gardner celebrates with teammates

Key Takeaways:

  • The Jets playoff chances are 60% following QB Aaron Rodgers' trade, other free agency signings and the NFL Draft.
  • The Jets have a 30.3% chance to win the AFC East, moving ahead of the Dolphins into the No. 2 favorite in the division behind only the Bills.
  • NY has a 6.7% chance to win Super Bowl LVIII in 2024.

After a few trying seasons under quarterback Zach Wilson, the Jets will have a new quarterback in future Hall of Famer and former Green Bay Packer Aaron Rodgers. Already a Super Bowl champion, Rodgers hopes for a final run as he nears the end of his NFL career. Will the Jets be able to best division rival Bills and Dolphins to win just their third all-time AFC East title and be primed for their first ever AFC championship win?

New York sports betting predicts the Jets to at least make the playoffs with a 60% chance. I'll track changes to the Jets' playoff chances every week and keep an eye on the playoff picture 2023.

What are the Jets Playoff Chances?

The Jets playoff chances are 60%, ranking second in the AFC East behind the Bills and ahead of the Dolphins and Patriots. In this table are more data on the Jets Super Bowl odds and playoff picture:

πŸ’ͺ Jets Playoff Chances60% Chance
❌ Jets Miss Playoffs40% Chance
πŸ† Jets Win Super Bowl6.7% Chance
πŸ‘‘ Jets Win AFC10% Chance
πŸ”₯ Jets Win AFC East30.3% Chance
πŸ—½ New York Times Postseason Simulator for Jets Not Available Yet
🏈 Jets ESPN Football Power Index (FPI)3.2 FPI
βœ… Data Last Verified by ExpertJune 8, 2023

The Jets' playoff picture is calculated using the implied probability of the team's odds to make the postseason. Converting the Jets' current odds of -150, per DraftKings New York Sportsbook, to make the playoffs provides the 60% chance highlighted above. That leaves a 40% chance that the Jets will miss the playoffs.

The Jets chances of winning the Super Bowl are sitting at 6.7%. The Jets have a decent chance to go from near-worst to first in the AFC, with a 10% chance to win the conference. They have a 30.3% chance to win the division.

The New York Times Postseason Simulator tracks every eligible NFL team's playoff chances, but is not yet available for the 2023 season. ESPN's Football Power Index predicts each NFL team's efficiency and future team strength.

New York Jets Playoff Chances: Key Offseason Updates June 2023

The New York Jets are going all in on a Super Bowl run for 2023 and this will likely be their best chance since their Super Bowl in 1968. Below is a timeline of important team updates since the end of the 2022 season that could factor into the Jets playoff chances.

  • πŸ—“οΈ May 3: Former Packers WR Randall Cobb teams back up with his one-time QB on the Jets.
  • πŸ—“οΈ May 2: The Jets decline OT Mehki Becton's fifth-year option.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 30: Pittsburgh OT Carter Warren, Pittsburgh RB Israel Abanikanda, Western Michigan LB Zaire Barnes, LSU DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse and Old Dominion TE Zack Kuntz are drafted to the Jets on Day 3 of the 2023 NFL Draft.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 29: The Jets draft Wisconsin OL Joe Tippmann in the second round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 28: The Jets draft Iowa St. edge rusher Will McDonald IV with the No. 15 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 24: The Jets re-sign guard Connor McGovern.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 24: QB Aaron Rodgers' trade to the Jets finally becomes official. The Packers traded their 2023 first-round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 7: The Jets sign punter Thomas Morstead.
  • πŸ—“οΈ April 6: The Jets sign QB Tim Boyle and DL Quinton Jefferson.
  • πŸ—“οΈ March 23: WR Elijah Moore is traded to the Browns for a second-round draft pick. The Jets sign former Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman Jr.
  • πŸ—“οΈ March 17: The Jets sign WR Allen Lazard, a former Packers teammate of Aaron Rodgers. The Jets also re-sign DT Solomon Thomas.
  • πŸ—“οΈ March 16: The Jets re-sign kicker Greg Zuerlein.
  • πŸ—“οΈ March 15: The Ravens trade for safety Chuck Clark to the Jets.
  • πŸ—“οΈ March 15: The Jets release WR Braxton Berrios.
  • πŸ—“οΈ March 14: Then-Packer Aaron Rodgers says publicly for the first time that he intends to play for the Jets in 2023 after months of speculation about his return to Green Bay.
  • πŸ—“οΈ Jan. 26: Former Broncos head coach Nathanial Hackett was announced as the Jets offensive coordinator. Hackett previously coached Aaron Rodgers with Green Bay as their offensive coordinator from 2019-2021.

The Jets have made a few moves to their roster and coaching staff this offseason that should put them as close as they’ve ever been to making another Super Bowl. Please bookmark this page as this will constantly be updated throughout the offseason.

Where Can I Bet on the New York Jets to Make the Playoffs?

You can bet on the Jets playoff chances and Jets Super Bowl odds with any NY sportsbook, including BetMGM NY, Caesars NY and DraftKings NY. You should expect the Jets line to change with additional offseason acquisitions and through the NFL Draft likely moving the Jets closer to a Super Bowl appearance.

My top-rated New York sportsbetting app is BetMGM NY, which offers a range of features to help you maximize your bets.

Visit for T&Cs. Must be 21+ and physically present in NY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable bonus bets. Bonus bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Please gamble responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call (877-8-HOPENY) or text HOPENY (467369).

Looking Ahead: New York Jets Playoff Picture

The Jets playoff chances rides on new QB Aaron Rodgers and the return of much of their No. 2 overall defense from 2022. Should new weapons from Rodgers' Packers days Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb gel as expected, the Jets should fare better on offense, where they ranked No. 29 in the NFL last season. The Jets also signed Super Bowl winner Mecole Hardman Jr. to join Rodgers. Plus, they still have 2022 Offensive Rookie of the Year Garrett Wilson. Needless to say, the entirety of the Jets' success this season hinges on offense. Enter Nathanial Hackett. Hackett, who previously coached Rodgers as the Packers offensive coordinator, is known as an offensive genius.

The Jets return much of their second ranked defense from last season, added safety Chuck Clark, and will continue to be dominant behind the likes of defensive end Carl Lawson, defensive tackle Quinnen Williams, and 2022 Defensive Rookie of the Year Sauce Gardner

The division is tough with the Bills and Dolphins both eyeing Super Bowls. You can never count out the Patriots or head coach Bill Belicheck. The AFC East is the best division in the NFL this season, and the Jets will have six tough division games this season. Should they go at least 3-3 in those games, they should be able to have enough wins throughout the year to make the playoffs and make a run towards a Super Bowl.

Must be 21+ to participate. T&Cs apply

Do the Jets Have a Chance to Make the Playoffs?

Yes, the Jets have a chance to make the playoffs. While every NFL teams' hopes are still alive, the Jets not making it would be considered a failed season. In an offseason where they were able to acquire a Super Bowl champion quarterback in Aaron Rodgers, additional offensive weapons, and able to hold together much of their strong defense, anything less than a playoff run would likely be a major letdown.

NY sportsbooks are expecting the Jets to live up to the hype with a 60% chance to make the playoffs.

Must be 21+ to participate. T&Cs Apply.

Are the Jets Out of Playoff Contention?

No, the Jets are not out of playoff race because the season hasn't kicked off. No team is out of contention for the playoffs just yet. However, it should be expected that the New York Jets will be in playoffs with the additions of Aaron Rodgers and their stout defense from last season returning. The only thing standing in their way are division rival Bills and Dolphins, who both return fantastic rosters.

New York Jets Playoffs FAQs


Mike Ferguson is a college football betting analyst for Mike spends his days browsing the latest lines for all the top college football betting markets to find storylines curated specifically for sports bettors in New York. From time-to-time Mike will also turn his attention to NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL betting lines that New York sports bettors might be interested in but college football odds are Mike's expertise.

Cited by leading media organizations, such as:

Scroll to top