Giants Playoff Chances June 2023: Tracking the Giants Playoff Picture

Fact Checked by Shannon Lane
Daniel Jones Throws in 2022 Playoffs

Key Takeaways:

  • The Giants playoff chances are 40.8% following free agency and the NFL Draft.
  • The Giants have a 11.1% chance to win the NFC East, which ranks them third in the division behind the Eagles and Cowboys.
  • NY has a 1.5% chance to win Super Bowl LVIII in 2024.

In 2022, the Giants earned a playoff berth for the first time since 2016, led by QB Daniel Jones and AP Comeback Player of the Year candidate RB Saquon Barkley. Could this be the first time since 2007-08 that New York returns to the playoffs in back-to-back seasons? They'll have to contend with the reigning conference champion Eagles in their own division to make it happen.

The odds are long at this point in the offseason, according to New York sports betting. I'll track changes to the Giants' playoff chances every week and keep an eye on the playoff picture 2023.

What are the Giants Playoff Chances?

The Giants' playoff chances are 40.8%, which ranks third behind the Eagles and Cowboys in the NFC East, and puts more teams ahead of them in the playoff picture. More on the Giants playoff picture is listed below:

💪 Giants Playoff Chances40.8% Chance
Giants Miss Playoffs59.2% Chance
🏆 Giants Win Super Bowl1.5% Chance
👑 Giants Win NFC3.8% Chance
🔥 Giants Win NFC East11.1% Chance
🗽 New York Times Postseason Simulator for Giants Not Available Yet
🏈 Giants ESPN Football Power Index (FPI)0.5 FPI
Data Last Verified by ExpertJune 8, 2023

The Giants' playoff picture is calculated using the implied probability of the team's odds to make the postseason. Converting the Giants' current odds of +145 to make the playoffs provides the 40.8% chance highlighted above. That leaves a 59.2% chance for the Giants to miss the playoffs. 

The Giants Super Bowl odds are now +6500, which translates to a 1.5% chance to win, a drop from early May. The Giants have a 3.8% chance to win the conference and a 11.1% chance to win the division.

The New York Times Postseason Simulator tracks every eligible NFL team's playoff chances, but is not yet available for the 2023 season. ESPN's Football Power Index predicts each NFL team's efficiency and future team strength.

New York Giants Playoff Chances: Key Offseason Updates June 2023

Below is a timeline of important team updates since the end of the 2022 season that could factor into the Giants playoff chances.

  • 🗓️ May 15: ESPN's Mike Clay ranks the Giants defensive line unit ranked No. 1 in the league.
  • 🗓️ May 4: The Giants sign DT Dexter Lawrence to a four-year extension worth $90M.
  • 🗓️ April 29: The Giants select Oklahoma RB Eric Gray, Old Dominion CB Tre Hawkins III, Oregon DT Jordon Riley and Houston safety Gervarrius Owens on Day 3 of the 2023 NFL Draft. RB Saquon Barkley's representatives will reconvene with the team on contract talks, per ESPN.
  • 🗓️ April 28: The Giants select Minnesota OL John Michael Schmitz and Tennessee WR Jalin Hyatt in the second and third rounds, respectively, of the 2023 NFL Draft.
  • 🗓️ April 27: The Giants select Maryland CB Deonte Banks in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
  • 🗓️ April 24: DT A'Shawn Robinson, who won Super Bowl LVI with the Rams, signs with the Giants on a one-year, $5M deal.
  • 🗓️ April 17: Team offseason workouts begin. RB Saquon Barkley and DE Dexter Lawrence are not in attendance as their contract disputes continue.
  • 🗓️ April 12: RB Saquon Barkley does not plan to sign the franchise tag before the team's offseason workouts, per ESPN.
  • 🗓️ March 23: The Giants sign safety Bobby McCain and WR Jamison Crowder, both to one-year deals.
  • 🗓️ March 20: WR Darius Slayton returns to the team on a two-year, $12M deal.
  • 🗓️ March 17: The Giants add former Colts wideout Parris Campbell on a one-year deal worth just under $5M. Former Giants safety Julian Love, who led the team in tackles and interceptions in 2022, signs a two-year deal with the Seahawks.
  • 🗓️ March 16: Free-agent linebacker Bobby Okereke signs with the team on a four-year, $40M deal.
  • 🗓️ March 15: The Giants trade with the Las Vegas Raiders for TE Darren Waller in exchange for a third-round draft pick. Fan-favorite WR Sterling Shepard re-signs with the team on a one-year deal. WR Kenny Golladay's contract is terminated, freeing up $6.7M in cap space.
  • 🗓️ March 8: GM Joe Schoen says the team is working on long-term deals for RB Saquon Barkley and DT Dexter Lawrence.
  • 🗓️ March 7: The Giants announce they signed QB Daniel Jones to a four-year, $160M contract extension. The Giants place the non-exclusive franchise tag on RB Saquon Barkley, giving the two sides one year to agree to a long-term contract.
  •  🗓️ Feb. 16: The Giants re-sign surprise standout WR Isaiah Hodgins to a one-year deal.

Want to continue to get updates on the latest Giants moves? I'll add more news above every day throughout the NFL season as it happens. Make sure to bookmark this page to keep tabs on the Giants playoff chances.

Where Can I Bet on the New York Giants to Make the Playoffs?

You can currently bet on the Giants to make or miss the playoffs with BetMGM NY, FanDuel NY, WynnBET NY, and many more top sportsbooks. My top-rated New York sportsbetting app is BetMGM NY, which offers a range of features to help you maximize your bets. 

Visit for T&Cs. Must be 21+ and physically present in NY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable bonus bets. Bonus bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Please gamble responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call (877-8-HOPENY) or text HOPENY (467369).

Looking Ahead: Giants Playoff Picture

What is the Giants' path to the playoffs? First, they need to make it out of a stacked NFC East. The Giants finished third in this division, which sent three of its four teams to the postseason, in 2022. Their 9-7-1 regular-season record under first-year head coach Brian Daboll in 2022 was their first above .500 since the 2016 season.

Heading into 2023, the Giants have put their full vote of confidence in franchise QB Daniel Jones, signing him to a massive four-year deal this offseason. The team has added offensive assets for Jones in free agency and the draft, including TE Darren Waller, OT John Michael Schmitz and WR Jalin Hyatt, and retained more talent in WR Isaiah Hodgins and WR Darius Slayton, who led the team in receiving yards. Young O-linemen Evan Neal and Andrew Thomas will have a season under their belts as well.

Questions remain around star RB Saquon Barkley's long-term future with the team that drafted him No. 2 overall in 2018. He skipped offseason workouts in April and is not interested in playing under the franchise tag this season, per reports, after posting his first 1,000+ yard season since 2019.

Do the Giants Have a Chance to Make the Playoffs?

As of now, yes, the Giants have a chance to make the playoffs! We're still four months away from the NFL's kickoff weekend in September, which means every team technically still has a chance to make the postseason. However, the Giants' current playoff chance sits under 50%, which means New York sportsbetting apps expect the Giants not to make the playoffs as of now.

The reigning conference champion Eagles are favored to win the division again with a 46.5% chance. Philadelphia's chance to make the playoffs is among the best in the league at 77.3%. The Cowboys are close behind them at 36.4% chance to win the division and 66.7% to make the playoffs.

While the Giants secured QB Daniel Jones and RB Saquon Barkley for at least this season, their offense still struggled in 2022, posting the sixth-lowest receiving yards and touchdowns in the league, and getting outscored 365-371 on the season.

On the opposite side of the ball, the defense lost captain Julian Love in free agency. The unit, which ranked second in forced fumbles and fumble recoveries, does see key pieces return with DT Dexter Lawrence, rookie standout Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE Leonard Williams, safety Xavier McKinney and CB Adoree' Jackson.

Must be 21+ to participate. T&Cs apply

Are the Giants Out of the Playoffs?

As of now, no, the Giants are not out of playoff contention! Every team is still alive in the playoff hunt for 2023 as the NFL season has not yet kicked off. The NFL's first game is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 7, and games will continue throughout that weekend. I'll update here each week during the NFL season to get updates on the Giants playoff chances and playoff picture as their odds change.

New York Giants Playoffs FAQs


Mike Ferguson is a college football betting analyst for Mike spends his days browsing the latest lines for all the top college football betting markets to find storylines curated specifically for sports bettors in New York. From time-to-time Mike will also turn his attention to NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL betting lines that New York sports bettors might be interested in but college football odds are Mike's expertise.

Cited by leading media organizations, such as:

Scroll to top